Mobile Phone Applications Advanced Networking Technology Gives New Uses To Cell Phones
Fujitsu Microelectronics Europe, today announced the availability of a new 128Mbit Mobile Fast Cycle RAMTM device for mobile phone applications.
The new Mobile FCRAM, the MB82DBR08163, adopts burst mode operations compliant with the Common Specifications for Mobile RAM.
The device's high-speed performance and large density make it ideal for 3G cellular phone vendors looking to provide advanced applications. The device will start shipping in September 2003.
The 128Mbit memory density meets the increased storage needs of next generation cellular phone applications. In addition, burst mode operation provides a clock access time of 12 nanoseconds, enabling continuous read or write operations.
By combining high access speed and high density, the new device is well suited to deliver advanced applications to 3G networks that support multimedia functions such as video data streaming.
The MB82DBR08163 comes in a 71-pin FBGA package, and is also available in either chip or wafer form to accommodate special mounting requirements.
Fujitsu plans to extend its Mobile FCRAM line of 1.8V single power source products and increase burst frequencies to 80MHz and 100MHz.
- Large memory density. The 128Mbit density meets increased storage needs of today's cellular phones.
- High-speed access
- Burst mode enables fast continuous read/write operations through synchronisation of system clock.
- 12ns clock access time in burst mode.
- Can read in page mode, asynchronous to the external clock. Maximum page access time is 20ns.
- Low-power consumption
- Maximum of 200 ľA of standby current.
- User configurable power-down modes dramatically cut standby current.
Dennis Rivera contributes and publishes news editorial to http://www.cellular-camera-phones.com.
Great information on cellular camera phones plus phone plans, options and accessories for all brand names.