Camera Mobile – New Phone, New Mobile
Sharp Corporation announces that it will commence shipment of its new GX30 mobile phone with built-in megapixel CCD camera and color LCD to the world's largest mobile community, the Vodafone Group.
The GX30 is the first mobile phone in the European market1 to be equipped with a megapixel CCD camera. The new model will be released by Vodafone operators around the world starting March 2004.
Since October 2002, Sharp has released a series of camera-equipped mobile phones with color LCDs to support the growing Vodafone live!2 service. These models, which enable users to take, view, send, and enjoy high-quality images, have earned Sharp high praise in the mobile phone market.
The new GX30 is a high-end mobile phone—the first in the European market to be equipped with a megapixel CCD camera.
Other features include a large, 260,000-color QVGA-resolution System LCD4 and an SD Memory Card slot for large-capacity data storage. These advanced specifications give users a higher level of quality for taking and viewing images.
By using its experience in developing high-value-added mobile phones for the Japanese market, utilizing unique devices such as LCD and flash memory, and applying miniaturization and user interface technologies, Sharp will continue to provide new products and services for the European and other international mobile phone markets.
- Built-in megapixel CCD camera
Equipped with a megapixel CCD camera that provides the European market's highest level of image quality and resolution and a digital zoom that lets you easily take high-quality still images and video anytime, anywhere. Editing features include photo frames and stamps for creativity and fun.
- Large 2.2-inch color LCD: The 2.2-inch, 260,000-color, QVGA System LCD*4 uses CG-Silicon technology, which provides excellent high-resolution, high-quality still images and video.
- Vodafone live! compatible: Equipped with a WAP5 browser and compatible with SMS6 and MMS7, the GX30 can make full use of Vodafone live! services.
Sending still images and video*8 lets you expand your range of visual communications.
- JavaTM-ready, FM sound, and 40-chord ringtone melodies. Enjoy new kinds of mobile entertainment by downloading games, software, and 40-chord ringtone melodies8.
- Built-in MP3 player: Play back MP3-format music transferred from a PC via SD Memory Cards.
- SD Memory Card slot: An SD Memory Card slot allows for data storage and easy data transfer with a PC (an 8 MB card is included). Save high-capacity data, such as still images and video, onto an SD Memory Card or to the handset's internal memory.
Brandon Elmer contributes and publishes news editorial to http://www.cellular-camera-phones.com.
Great information on cellular camera phones plus phone plans, options and accessories for all brand names.